Security Systems Service and Maintenance Engineer
Established over 30 years, we have a wide variety of commercial and residential customers throughout Bucks and surrounding areas. Due to continued expansion we are looking for an experienced multi disciplined Security systems engineer to join our vibrant service and maintenance team. Predominately working on intruder alarms and CCTV systems you must have some access control experience. Fire alarm skills are a bonus.
We work within a one hour radius of our base, so no long travel times. This allows us to offer high levels of responsiveness; we expect you to be customer focused, passionate about what you do and committed to delivering the highest standards to the customers and their systems.
Applicants must be good communicators, be approachable and able to take the initiative in explaining your findings and recommendations to customers and the office support team. Your input, dedication and energy will be rewarded with trust and training.
Duties and Responsibilities of the position:
- Servicing and routine maintenance of wired and wireless intruder alarms; IP CCTV systems; entryphone and access control systems (and occasional fire alarm systems).
- Small works and periodic assistance to the install teams.
- Fault finding & remedial works.
- Handovers following completion of works.
- Participation in the On Call rota on a 1 in 4 basis, a standby allowance plus call out is paid.
Experience & Qualifications required for the role:
- You must have worked for a SSAIB or NSI regulated company.
- Experience working with both commercial and residential clients.
- Proficiency in intruder alarms particularly in fault finding across a range of manufacturers.
- A broad understanding of the principles of networking, in particular for CCTV.
- Good knowledge of relevant standards & familiarity with appropriate certification.
- A full, clean UK driving licence & able to pass security screen and enhanced DBS checks.
- Experience working on fire alarms would be a plus but is not a requirement.
Skills & Attributes of the right candidate:
- Punctual, with good time management skills
- Trustworthy, reliable and takes pride in their work.
- Effective communication skills are essential.
- Flexible, motivated and have a desire to learn and provide an excellent level of customer service to our clients.
- Always looking for ways to progress; and for ways to help the team.
- A methodical and structured approach to problem solving.
- Able to work on their own initiative and with colleagues on shared jobs.
Salary between £28,000 – £34,000 experience dependent plus on call standby & call out.
- Working hours of 0800 – 1700 Monday to Friday with limited travel to site required.
- Pension and 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Committed to providing an excellent work-life balance.
- Company vehicle, Laptop and mobile phone (if you prefer), full PPE and Power tools.
- Consistent and periodic relevant training.
Please apply by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know what interested you about this opportunity. Strictly no agencies.